Voron 2.4 Firmware config and broken cable

 After getting the first prints out of the printer, with an ok quality, I started to play around with the bed mesh levelling, and low and behold came across the first problem. The probe, after a G28, would read the correct status on a query_probe command but whenever I move the probe to a X coordinate of less than 140mm or so, it would read a triggered. This was irrespective of Y and/or Z location. The probe was working fine, during normal operation it had its red light on, and when I moved a metal object under, the light would switch off. After asking around, I finally got a definitive answer, the probe cable was dodgy.

In the build instructions, it clearly asks you to change the supplied cable that came with the probe with a high flex silcion or PTFE cable - I did not do that. So after a frustating evening of threading the cable through the drag chain again, it is now working 100%. Moral of the story, follow the build instructions unless you know better, and second, I am going to order automation cables, so that I can upgrade all the cabling to cables designed for machines.

This link was provided by a Discord member McMaster-Carr, and will look into this in a bit more detail and make the order.

Also, the following is my Klipper firmware config for the single BTT-SKR 1.4 Pro setup. Note that I have set P2.9 pin to be off at startup, I am not 100% sure whether it is required, but follows the same principle as my V0 and so far it has not seemed to cause any issues. 



Comments

Popular Posts