V0 Update

Currently awaiting the arrival of a few minor components before I can complete the build. The main item missing is a soldering iron, which I do not have with me where I am now... Otherwise, all components have arrived save for a few M2 screws and the JST crimping tool. 

During this short break, I have started to assemble and plan the V2.4 build... Nearly all the way through. It seems that the build for the V2.4, minus any of the panels is going to be around US$1,300 including the Slice Mosquito. Compared to a US$900 build for the complete V0, the difference is not all that much... the main difference is the larger number of parts to print and obviously the much larger print size. The current build plan is for a 300x300 build plate with a print height of 500mm. I would estimate that with the panels to full enclose the V2.4, it'd be around the US$1,500 mark total, excluding shipping costs. But I see this as the 'end-game' 3D FDM printer.

My goal is to have a Prusa Mk3s, two V0 and a V2.4 for the FDM, and I have a Phrozen Sonic Mini and Anycubic Photon Zero for the SLA. I would think that this combination will allow me to print almost all my needs and to be able to print out parts quickly and have redundancy overall... 

Comments

Popular Posts