V0 Mechanical and motion parts

Ordered the frame, fixings, motion parts, bed, heated bed, extra flex bed flex sheet and linear rail from Blurolls and has arrived. Here are the photos and a quick summary of the parts.

The 100mm extrusions were 2 at 100.1mm and one at 99.9mm. The 200mm rails showed some variation between 200.0mm to 200.4mm with most being around 200.2mm. Unfortunately there was variability between the same type of extrusion with pre drilled holes. The lead screw was 199.5mm in length and rolled straight on my table.

The belts said "Gates GT2", no way of verifying if the idlers and pulleys were Gates GT2. I could not verify that it was genuine or 'replica'. The linear rails were marked as 'Hiwin' and generally a little less than 150mm in length. It was overly greased and most likely needs to be cleaned and then properly prepared.

So, on face value, the parts are of good quality and of reputable brands. Have not checked the fixings for completeness and correctness, but I hope that if there are any issues, my limited stash of fixings can get me through.

The total I paid excluding shipping was US$292. Overall, I am still coming to terms with how small the total build volume will be...








Comments

Popular Posts