Air Filter options

Now that both the V0 and V2.4 are running well, I am having issues with odours. Even though both are enclosed, they are not 100% sealed, and I have been looking into options to provide some air filtration system, and my first preference is for recirculating filter. But also note some issues that recirculating filters do not change the pressure inside the chamber, and thus, depending on the room conditions, air could still enter or leave the chamber. In my search, I came across the Nevermore project

There are two main versions, the standard, which is quite large and has both a recirculating and exhaust filter built it, given the size and features, looks like the Rolls Royce option. They also have a simpler reticulating filter, the Nevermore Micro. Printing the parts as I type.

Going to source parts for both, as I think I can much easier seal the V0 than the V2.4, and the NM is way too big for the V0. My thought is, could the NM be integrated into the V1.8, but moving the MCU and Pi to the bottom deck and using the back electronics deck as the filter.... When looking at my next build, I am thinking that the 1.8 might be the one...



Comments

Popular Posts