V2.4 Working, and Nearing Completion

The enclosure is now finished, print tuning is at the last few steps, been able to get some consistent good prints. Going back to S3D for the slicing, and the print quality has been easier to tune. But the main issue at the moment is with the first layer adhesion. I am not get a consistent textured surface on the bottom like my Mk3S. There is no issues with bed adhesion, but one can still see the extrusion movement lines. Working at with increasing the first layer extrusion multiplier to get a little more plastic onto the first layer. But otherwise printing great.

One thing I have noticed is with the large build plate doesn't seem the best fit for small parts. So I am now looking at something in the size between the V0 and the V2.4 - or a V0 with probe. But more realistically, the printer was a lot larger than in my head (the dimensions are right), and think that I might need something in the 350-400mm cube range that can print say 200mm cube.

Update photos. 




Comments

Popular Posts